Opening Weekend 2017/2018
November 19, 2017 | 283 | Winter
Friday, 17 November 2017 at 5pm - Here's the update as we roll towards our first slides, rides and laps of the season!
First off, the Tow Park looking legit with right at 10 features for this weekend's initial sessions....well done to the Mountain Ops & Park Crew for making it happen!
Here's the "play-list" for V1.0 of Lone Oak Tow Park 2017/18:
Pro Line: 30' street style down rail, 25' street style down-flat rail, Z-rail with barrel bonk
Open Line: 21' double-barrel shotgun rail, Big Bertha tube on spine, 7' Volcano feature
Grom Line: Baby Bow box, 8' flat box, 16' flat box, 25' Damage down box
We have no beginner terrain open, no bunny hill and no green circle terrain.
...a solid set for ALL to enjoy!
Secondly, we basically have our primary top-to-bottom intermediate trail of Bindle Stiff available for the opening weekend and will be rolling the Spirit Express II. Please understand that although we have fairly decent coverage on the trail, it is certainly not treeline to treeline and has some narrow as well as thin cover spots as well. Still much fun to be had for those early-season turns, but just not a ton of real estate due to no additional snowmaking since last weekend. The snow will actually ski-out pretty nicely, and expect a solid machine groomed packed powder surface when we roll things out tomorrow morning.
The better news - we do anticipate snowmaking opportunities to return overnight or early-Saturday morning, and then throughout most of the weekend & next week. We are hopeful this will allow additional terrain to be readied/open by Thanksgiving Weekend!
I want to give another well done to the snowmakers for the solid efforts, and let's make sure Mother Nature gets her creds as well for providing the opportunities.
Enjoy, and welcome to the Winter Season of 2017/18 in Duluth!
PRIOR POST - Opening Weekend is quickly approaching for the 2017/2018 season! Mother Nature has been quite kind with the cold temps, and we've had some solid snowmaking opportunities last week with hopes of more to come by mid to late week as well. We will roll with an early-season bonus weekend, and thoughts at this point are as follows:
Early Season Ski Hours - Winter 2017/2018
- Saturday & Sunday - November 18-19, 2017 || 11am-5pm
- $29 ticket and half price rentals
Thanksgiving Weekend - NOTE - due to Snocross, all skier services will be located out of our Grand Avenue Chalet. There will be NO access to the seasonal Locker Room during Snocross. If you are dropping your skier or snowboarder off for the day, you must drop off at the Grand Ave Chalet. There will not be drop off access at Skyline Chalet.
- Friday, 11/24 = 10am-6pm
- Saturday, 11/25 = 10am-6pm
- Sunday, 11/26 = 10am-6pm
- Tow Park, Powder Monkey, Downhill Musher, Bindle Stiff will be open. But again, no drop off at the Skyline Chalet.
- Additional terrain to open at snowmaking allows
Hours to be updated soon for operational plan after November 26th soon.
- We will know much more as we move into Wednesday, but our plan at this point is to OPEN our Tow Park, Powder Monkey, Bindlestiff and Downhill Musher
- There will be no beginner terrain and no lessons available this weekend
- All rental equipment needs are out of the Grand Avenue Chalet
- Skyline Chalet will feature access to locker room, limited season pass pick up & ticket sales, Mountain Top Cafe open for eats and drinks.
- Grand Avenue Chalet will feature season pass pick up, season pass sales & ticket sales, Riverside Bar and Grill for all eats and drinks!
CHEERS to an amazing 2017/18 Winter in Duluth...stoked to get things rolling and excited for the good times ahead in Minnesota's Best Ski Town!
Looking ahead, we anticipate snowmaking and additional skiable terrain to become available as we move towards Thanksgiving Weekend...plus, Snocross is going to be crazy fun as well!