Spirit Mountain offers a wide variety of programs for Alpine, Freestyle, Snowboard and Nordic enthusiasts who want to dial the action up a notch or two.
Team Duluth is the racing and competition team associated with Spirit Mountain. Team Duluth is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is One Team for ALL disciplines. Team members' ages range from For additional information and details visit HERE.
Team Duluth is committed to:
- Developing skiing and snowboarding skills and personal growth in young athletes.
- Helping young athletes develop their skiing and/or snowboarding ability while striving to be a positive influence on personal development.
- Offering affordable training and competition programs and events.
- Enabling young athletes to choose their training and racing intensity. Competition is not obligatory, but it sure is FUN!
Adult Race League
We are excited to offer another exciting year of our adult recreational race league. The league is designed for adult racers of all levels, and we encourage first-time racers to sign up too! Each race Monday, our Moosehead Saloon will feature music, food and bev specials, and post-race results.
- Teams are comprised of up to 10 members.
- Teams and racers compete for race/team points throughout the season. Scoring is done using the NASTAR team racing format. Team members also earn points for their team by participating in each race.
- Racers do not have to belong to a team in order to race. We always have a spot for individual racers.
- Racing takes place Monday nights, from 5:30-7:30p on Blue Ruin.
- The season begins with a social and sign-up from 6-8p in the Moosehead Saloon on MLK Monday, January 15, 2018.
- A training night is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 22. Please note: this is not a formal race night; it is an opportunity for racers to practice. Timing may be available.
- The first night of racing is Jan. 29.
- The season is scored on 6 races, with the 6th race scheduled for March 5.
- A 7th night (Mar. 12) is held in reserve in the event one of the regular season races is cancelled. If all 6 races take place as scheduled, Mar. 12 will be a fun race (non-scored).
- An end of season banquet is scheduled for Monday, March 19.
- Full race league rules available at sign-up.
- Through Jan. 29: League fees are $55/racer for Spirit Mountain season passholders; $85/racer for non-passholders.
- Beginning Jan. 30: $75/racer for Spirit Mountain passholders; $105/racer for non-passholders.
- Fees encompass the race season, regardless of when racers sign up. Fees are not pro-rated for mid-season sign-ups.
Come on out to the hill and enjoy NASTAR racing this winter. NASTAR is a recreational race open to skiers of all ages and abilities. No experience necessary!
Race Days: NASTAR Racing will be held on select Sundays during the 2017/2018 Season, with a target opening date of Sunday, January 14. Check back for all of the dates to be released.
- NASTAR racing will begin on Sunday, January 21, 2018
Race Times: 10am-2pm on Scissor Bill
Cost: $10 unlimited runs per day, or purchase a $60 NASTAR racing season pass. The NASTAR Season Pass is valid at Spirit Mountain only. The NASTAR season pass is not valid for lift privileges.
Note: please visit our snow report page for updates on racing conditions and times, as these are subject to change.